Department of Public Works
The Village DPW is staffed from the beginning of April to the first week of October, from 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday through Thursday. From the second week of October through March, we are staffed from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. The DPW's main number is (518) 677-3252, the DPW Superintendent can also be reached by cell phone at (518) 361-9734.
DPW At Your Service
- Only Yard Waste. No Garbage. No Bags: Leaves and brush must be on the shoulder/ curb, not into the street or blocking the sidewalk.
- Branches, Brush and Twigs: Brush must be separate from leaves. To be bundled and tied. Cut to 4 feet in length, not to exceed 3 inches in diameter, and not more than 3 feet tall.
- Grass Clippings: Residents are responsible for the disposal of grass clippings.
- Logs and Stumps: Residents are responsible for the disposal of logs and stumps at their own expense, including debris from commercial tree cutting services. Logs and stumps are NOT accepted by the Village DPW.
- Items NOT Accepted: Residents are responsible for the disposal of Refrigerators, Freezers, Appliances, Tires, and Furniture.
Fall Leaf collection does not include branches, brush,and twigs. These items may be brought to the Village Brush Pile between the hours of 7:00am and 4:00pm Monday - Friday.
New York State Public Health Law requires that each person who owns or controls a dog must remove any feces left by that dog on any sidewalk, gutter, or other public area and dispose of it in a legal manner; ultimately, by carrying it away for disposal in a toilet, placed out with their own trash or placed in Dog Waste Disposal Stations located at Academy Street and West Main Street.
The Village of Cambridge is an eclectic community filled with families, business people, artists, retired people and many others who have fallen in love with our small town atmosphere, located centrally with access to big cities and towns, and some of the best scenery in New York.
56 N Park St, Cambridge, New York, 12816