There are lots of ways that a child might be at danger in any house, specifically with window coverings. Take a moment to look around your house to see if there are any areas that could be enhanced. You may even wish to get on your hands and knees so you can be at a child's eye level and see what they see.
When it comes to window coverings, there are precautions you can and must take. Here are a few;
1. On Vertical Blinds, use the wand control alternative so you don't have a dangling cable that a kid could quickly get wrapped up in.
2. For existing blinds with long cords, think about cutting the cords short so you have sufficient cord to operate them however eliminating the puddle of cables on the ground.
3. Some companies offer a break through tassel with blinds that need to have longer cables.
Research to see if your manufacturer provides something comparable.
4. Consider using a motorized blind or shade.
5. Check out cordless blinds and shades. These are ending up being more popular and are really simple to operate. All you need to do is raise them up.
All of these choices are here to make it more safe for kids, but nothing will ever be more important than adult supervision.